A SPRINT DOWN MEMORY LANE

 

A SPRINT DOWN MEMORY LANE



A beautiful baby you got there what are you going to name it? I’m gong to name it…
Time can’t be recalled from the first time you ever gasped for air or the first sound you mattered from that long spell of silence. But if I tell you more than 1000 events took place in that ward, in that hospital, in that town, in that city in that country in the world, the universe, the galaxy, the oh my freaking days I can’t stop talking.
Where was I? Ow yes, you’d be surprised.
“I think I’ll name it Wayne.” Hmm


Wayne. I like the sound of that. One day you will change the world or even better, you will move the world.



Stand tall as small as he might seem, a tree is adored when the shade can be seen

Matching tops and matching shoes, it all never mattered

I was just a curious one to know how it all hit the starter. Never knew things could get serious,

That meant you need to be fierce.

“Boy why you never smile on pictures?”  

The family you make on the way

Is probably a reason for you to stay.

In this horrifically beautiful world

There’s a lot that needs to unfold

Family is a strong word to use

Family is a delicate thing to lose

The people you are comfortable with is the type of circle you need.

“What do you mean you broke all your toys?” oops.



“Hey where is my favorite chair? You know very well I can’t eat without it.

Mamaaaa! Mamaaaa!

“Yes my son”. “Taka chai na mkate”

*he’s on his seventh ‘taka chai Na mkate'*




Gone are the days when drips were on our sofa sets,

But now ask Shiro or Njoki, they think their routine is under threat.

Nothing is temporary change is a must.

“Again why doesn’t he smile on pictures?”

Silence is your imaginary friend. In fact your best friend. The first ever friend you had. Hush little one, this is not your place to speak. No lie. Life keeps on reminding you about that. Anyway chicken tasted great back then with no Covid around.

You never know the potential you have until you actually activate it,

A baby can’t walk until it stands on its own two feet.

*Looking fine my boy but why isn’t he smiling. It’s so upsetting.*

“Quick get the camera. He’s actually smiling. Aww look at you. So cute. Bet he wasn’t smiling at something funny.”

Cheers to the family we have. Bless up to the family I never knew about. The brother I heard about. Sometimes I think about you, how the challenges would be with you helping me to go through, just a thought though.

I only have pictures and stories too. But I wondered how we'd kill the gram with a photo of me and you.

A brother who was to be. I think about you sometimes. But i guess heaven must be a better place to be. that this horrific beautiful world. 

Rest in peace.





Boss man with one huge head, is smiling. Ah yes 2009. Finally you are smiling. Maybe you were too full to talk so the only thing left was to smile. You will change the world. You will change their world. they will know the real you, the potential you have, the hunger you have.The love you can offer.The passion you have. Taking it decade after decade!


                                                                 You can change the world!
                                                                               

                                                                              -Wayne-







Comments

Post a Comment