DARK ALLEY LANE

 

DARK ALLEY LANE




A dark alley past midnight,

A stroll to clear my mind up won’t hurt

Deep thoughts clouded by emotions,

I’m walking but the body lacks motion,

The power of thought is a gift to me,

But a sane mind is hard to maintain,

When all these thoughts can’t be tamed,

“It was you isn’t it?”

“You did this to me”

“It’s all your fault”

I was at my lowest, what on earth could I do,

“You did it on purpose ow yes you knew”

I’m sorry for my wrong but what do you imply?

That I am a poser to you who can’t reply?

A sane mind is all that I ask,

A broken heart molded like a poorly earthed flask,

“Listen to me, it is all your fault”

These voices in my head should come to a halt

A mind full of imagination can be a gift and a curse

Especially with voices in your head condemning you with your past

Silently walk past the dark alley

The voices are gone but it isn’t too early,

I expected them to stay much longer

But the spiritual form is lonely and barely stronger

The mistakes of my past have marked my fate

Cruel world, served revenge on my plate,

But if I may ask, is it wrong to lie?

To safely lock my heart, is it worth the try?

Crossing memory lane, two blocks ahead

The art of a solitary mind bares the power of control till the end.

A dark alley alone but we still move forward.

                                       -Wayne-

 

Comments

Post a Comment