IT'S COLD OUTSIDE ft. Poetflani

 

IT'S COLD OUTSIDE



*Gulp gulp gulp gulp*

“I think this is enough drinking for the night"

Shut the hell up I'm just beginning,

Nothing can describe the pain I keep feeling

Tired of the lengths I keep going

To prove something that doesn’t exist I keep falling

Lover boy, sucker for lover you're even willing to walk on fours

This stuff isn’t for you call it error 404

Hopeless romantic that's some depressed stuff

Two sad poets writing, no love, now that's tough

I'm sorry if I offend you and if I condemn you

Don't step outside it's cold, not just talking about the snow & dew

Wetness is felt but it's the bleeding of a heart

Begs to feel good again, to be admired because the heart is a piece of art,

 

Slow heart beats

How did you become so ruthless, so empty?

This side of you is just sounding petty

The lies keep filling, pour some more alcohol your boy needs to be chilling...

 

*Gulp gulp gulp gulp*

"What's wrong with him? He’s such a creep!"

"Who hurt you bro?"

"You must be joking right"

 

He stares in confusion, this must be an illusion, some mystic fusion,

He's all alone. The pain in his eyes. He's probably worn.

 

Feeling better than ever,

I wish this feeling last forever,

I wish this feeling can taste much better,

Been feeding on so many lies

So are you my good man, open your eyes

It's hopeless romantic and tasty like fries.

 

"Sir you are being very vulgar"

Excuse me. You ever been romantic?

Have you ever looked exotic?

To impress, someone or they cared less?

About what you wear, clothes, your too cool

To be fooled, deceit, you take her number she leaves.......I think I'm going to be sick......

 

*Blacks out on the ground*

 

"Pick him up please. Okay shows over folks nothing to see here"

 

*In a faded way. He was unconscious.*

She said she was diff...........

 

Its cold outside... depression is considered funny,

Its cold outside... everyone thinks you're a dummy,

 

It's not your fault, it never was... manipulation is a pandemic the sooner you understand this the better.

Romance was supposed to be sweet and fun. Till the competition started. There's Olympics and Romantics if that's a thing. Everyone wants to look better than the other. It's a cold world. No more tears left to cry. All frozen. Little hopeless where did I wrong you. Is it....is it when....no no no....Is it when I ghosted you? Is it me? Is it you? Is it everyone else?

What is the reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

*The wasted guy is awake*

"Where am I? What is this? Who are you?"

I am you………….

Radio playing: Salagadoola mechicka boola
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
put 'em together and what have you got

Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola mechicka boola
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not………….
.(disturbing slow motion cut)


I sit on my bed

Trying to imagine you here

Then you reappear

A figment of my imagination?

Honestly I can't even tell

You put your hand on my cheek

You tell me not to speak

You say you love me

To the ends of the earth

You fill me with tears

I promised I wouldn't get emotional

Because I can't trust this heart

Are you even real?

Will I open my eyes one day?

And you won't be hear?

Will you grow wings?

And fly away?

Will you walk away?

Will I still believe in you?

Like a follower to a false god

Like a moth to a flame

What a prison I live in

But I can't tell you about this illness

About this brain's sickness

I'd rather smoke to my lungs

I'd rather pass out on the floor

At least I wouldn't have to deal with it

At least you won't see me as weak

At least you'll still want to meet me next week

At least I won't be like a dog

Following you everywhere you go

 

You smile

You tell me you miss me

"When can I go?”

When you're not around

“And I'm feeling down?"

You're my one and only

But it hurts to know that I'll always be second

That to you

I'm just a naive boy

Looking for love in a place that will never offer it

 

"I don't want to see you cry

You don't have this alone

You don't have to feel this emptiness"

But I don't see you hugging me

When I'm on the floor

Broken and bleeding

Crying and screaming

You don't see it

You'll never feel it

I don't fear you'll leave me

Nothing lasts forever

The only thing I fear

Is myself

Because when you fly away

You'll leave me behind

And I'm no angel

I can't follow you

I'll be in my bed weeping

And asking myself

If you were ever even real.

"You aren't the bad guy. They are the bad guys. They manipulated you. They pulled the guilt card on you. They ignored you from the start with no true intentions. They got you in your feels then ran on their heels. They promised you a lot but delivered none. They asked for your time but never gave you theirs. This keeps happening. Never stops never will. My Vision is purple. I can't see clearly but what I see is toxic. They must be toxic. Too toxic for you. Too dodgy for you. I wish I never sacrificed all of it. They didn't care when you were getting wasted in a bar. They didn't come get you when you were on the ground. They didn't ask where you were. They didn't ask if you were alright. They didn't at all do a thing. I am hopelessly romantic. We are Hopelessly Romantic!"

                                                                -Wayne ft. Poetflani-



Also visit poetflani's site; https://littlehopelessfountain.wordpress.com/

Instagram; https://instagram.com/poetflani?igshid=3m4481y8vj3s

 


Comments

  1. Things that men go through and they don't speak about it😟...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes we try, sometimes we don't, its hard to open up, but it doesn't mean we wont. ;-)

      Delete
  2. You know what❗❗❗you express yourselves so wonderfully you guys💯eish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I guess we'll be writing more collabs.

      Delete
  3. Am proud to say I know you😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best poem i have ever read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment