LUCKY ME

 LUCKY ME



Lucky me, barely lived a decade or three,

Still battling with emotions, moods and swings,

Pray to the Lord that this phase they shouldn’t see,

Buried all my baggage in my chest so deep,

Ignoring my past all the wounds cut so deep,

Never seen a man,as lucky as me.


Lucky me, surrounded by “love” from all points at peak,

But really what’s love got to do with me?

Put it on my tab, you can say I’m gathering Intel,

Keep them locked in my vault, I think

I shouldn’t tell,

The mind of a man is so rigid and rock walled,

‘What’s up’ a question but so little I told.


Lucky me, not sure if its mentality,personality,

Spirituality or some mood swing I get usually?

To be as lucky as you and me,

It's a curse rather than a blessing, damn! That four leaf clover…

Lucky me, begged for your attention but from what I could see,

There's a lot I could speak of, it might even flood the sea,

Lucky you? More like lucky me,

Problems now, aren’t the way they were in the 80s,

Call it the game of the mind- Mental rupture

Yes I said it, mental illness is our culture.

But lucky me, still feel the love

No matter what I think,

Still see the care that others don’t see

Praying to the Lord and that’s on G!

But you can’t get any luckier than me.


Lucky me, trying to open up but you still can’t see,

An emotional wreck all the guilt’s on me,

Help him out, he’s down bad, he’s suffering,

Suicidal letter with some bloody lettering,

Not surprised! But He tried to get to your chi,

But unfortunately Charles was ‘Pretending’ to be sick, huh! Apparently,

We all have scars emotionally, but it takes a big step to come out clean,

Lucky are those who did, in my mind I’m still yelling Lucky Me!

Lucky me, bagged one of the weirdest mental disease,

Jonas from school, he just couldn’t breathe, what was the problem?

Is it because he deserved it? Hell No!

Promise me that we won’t see this again,

Another loss of young life, you just cannot pretend,

Cause of death is mental illness, which I cannot comprehend

Depression is a curse to you and me,

Trying to ignore it but I won’t see,

Books to write, phones to escape,

But surrounded by foul energy, which sticks like a tape

“How can I open up to them?”- Words that I can’t forget,

Being an emotional puppet for sure they can’t tolerate,

Somebody please help me confiscate the mental illness they have.

Lucky you but as long as I’m still above ground then its lucky me.


-Wayne-

 

Comments